Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
The focus of the project that the candidate is expected to work on is to help build an innovative cyber experimentation environment called CyberVAN (Cyber Virtual Assured Network). This aim of CyberVAN is to support rigorous scientific experiments with an automated experimentation process. This environment enables cyber security researchers to focus on the development of algorithms and theories and leave most of the
actual experimentation setup, deployment, and execution to the CyberVAN R&D team. To date the team has developed a mature environment supporting testing and evaluation of many advanced cyber security research projects.
Senior Research Scientist is expected to perform R&D work independently, lead junior researchers on well-defined and semi-defined R&D tasks, and collaborate with Executive Director and Chief Scientists to address complex research challenges. At a high level, the expected R&D work will be in the broad areas of cyber security, Internet and wireless communications, and data analytics.
• Lead and perform R&D tasks, including the design of system/component architecture, design of algorithms, design and implementation of software components/systems, as well as testing and evaluation of software components/systems;
• Assist Executive Director and Chief Scientist to respond to R&D business opportunities and prepare proposals;
• Explore approaches to R&D challenges and develop novel ideas that could sufficiently address such challenges;
• Analyze business needs of customers to extract requirements and propose approaches to design an approach/algorithm to tackle the requirements;
• Lead the development of software components and cooperate with peers to conduct integration testing;
• Prepare papers and technical reports to publish research results in public forums
• Prepare and present R&D results to senior management and customers
Requires 10 to 12 years with BS/BA or 8 to 10 years with MS/MA or 5 to 7 years with PhD.