Every day at Perspecta, we enable hundreds of thousands of people to take on our nation’s most important work. We’re a company founded on a diverse set of capabilities and skills, bound together by a single promise: we never stop solving our nation’s most complex challenges. Our team of engineers, analysts, developers, investigators, integrators and architects work tirelessly to create innovative solutions. We continually push ourselves—to respond, to adapt, to go further. To look ahead to the changing landscape and develop new and innovative ways to serve our customers.
Perspecta works with U.S. government customers in defense, intelligence, civilian, health care, and state and local markets. Our high-caliber employees are rewarded in many ways—not only through competitive salaries and benefits packages, but the opportunity to create a meaningful impact in jobs and on projects that matter.
Perspecta’s talented and robust workforce—14,000 strong—stands ready to welcome you to the team. Let’s make an impact together.
Perspecta is an AA/EEO Employer - Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled and other protected categories
Lead the design and implementation of custom software for visualizing radio spectrum data and other scientific data. GUI is to be supported on major Web Browsers, while the application will run on Linux servers.
Advise on use of third-party products required for development and deployment of the web GUI. Contribute to system documentation. Support integration and testing.
Requires 8 to 10 years with BS/BA or 6 to 8 years with MS/MA or 3 to 5 years with PhD.
• Experience in data visualization with D3.js
• Familiarity with app building and automation tools such as Grunt, Gulp, Rollup, Webpack
• Expert level software engineering background (advanced degree, or 5+ years of experience in the field)
• Experience with one or more modern web framework: Bootstrap, Angular 5+, React, etc.
• Experience with one or more wireframing tools
• Ability to design the user experience (workflow and visual design) for a technical/scientific application in close coordination with tech team leadership
• Strong proficiency in server languages: Java, Python, bash
• Comfortable with Eclipse, Git, Windows and Linux, nginx or Apache
• Ability to write GUI documentation, training material, and perform training
• Comfort working with fast-paced, small team, with lots of talent... and opinions
• Experience in real-time web app using Websocket
• Experience in API/data mocking tools such as Swagger
• Experience with one or more slippy map toolkit: Google Maps, CesiumJS, OpenLayers, Leaflet, etc.
• Familiarity with other server technologies: Tomcat, RabbitMQ
• Familiarity with one or more database/datastore technologies: MySQL, MongoDB, Hadoop
• Experience in participating in customer focus sessions for GUI feedback (pre- and post-design)